Casvi FootballFootball Academy
We train to play
A High Performance Football Academy located in Madrid aimed at boys and girls between 12-16 years of age, who want to live a unique experience in one of the best environments for the practice of this sport. They are selected by means of an internal screening process, where both their academic and sports levels are assessed.
We have developed of our own methodology relying on the sporting experience of the Academy Director and the coaches comprising our technical staff, all of whom played in First Division teams in Spain and worked as members of coaching units in professional football clubs.
Casvi Football Academy has developed a comprehensive working method whose purpose is to help our player reach their maximum level of sports performance. To this end, we train all elements involved in football that have to do with technical, tactical and comprehension skills of the game, as well as physical and psychological skills.
In order to achieve the proper development of these skills, we have created a methodology based on different areas: weekly training sessions, physical conditioning, psychological preparation, nutrition and competition.
ANYTHING WE WANT TO
SEE DURING THE GAME,GAME, MUST BE PREVIOUSLY EXPERIENCED DURING TRAINING SESSIONS BY PLAYERS.PLAYERS.
Our Ambassador Nano Rivas has developed a training methodology revolving around competition, having in mind at all times the educational stage of the boys and girls in our Academy.
Our methodology is applied on an annual basis, progressively dividing contents in phases of 4-6 weeks. These contents are generally aimed at improving the 4 basic elements for the practice of football, namely: technique, tactics, physical conditioning and sport psychology, all of which are interwoven, so none of those elements may be developed without developing the others.
Then we divide our objectives in weekly micro-cycles based on the following areas: competition, academic aspects and specific training.
In particular, our goal is making the tasks performed during the training sessions be as similar as possible to the actual competition, working in a way that, in the trainings, players experience the different phases of the game that take place in an actual game. All this is divided into the following blocks:
- BT: Ball time
- ADT: Attack-defence transition
- TAB: Time away from the ball
- DAT: Defence-attack transition
- SBA: Stopped ball actions
Specific training sessions: It is a basic aspect of our methodology. The purpose is for the player to improve all those elements of the game that are most common in her or his position on the field. To this end, former professional players will periodically join us as our specialist coaches.
Another of our objectives at the Academy is that our players learn to compete under different game models and in different circumstances within the same game. The ability to understand the game and its needs makes the difference between amateur and professional players.
The physical aspect is a defining characteristic in today’s football. Therefore, our goal is to get players to reach their optimum physical condition by means of a progressive workload adapted to their own developmental stage and to the workload each player is able to undertake.
To this end, we will focus on two main objectives:
- Improvement of physical skills: Improving skills such as strength, the most important aspect that must be developed in the pursuit of a proper musculoskeletal system development and injury risk prevention, together with other specific skills needed in football such as agility or coordination, makes our players much more well-rounded athletes, allowing them to have a much more effective football growth.
- Injury prevention: Prevention is one of the basic aspects of the individual programmes developed for our players, so we support them in this process of comprehensive improvement, minimising the risk of injury to the maximum.
Throughout the year, initial and control tests will be carried out, which will allow us to adapt the training loads based on the individual needs of each player. Our professionals in the Sports Science area of the Academy will organise all their work in order to adjust the physical conditioning to the developmental stage of each player according to their age.
Sport Psychology focuses on the identification and understanding of psychological theories and techniques that can be applied to sports in order to maximise the performance and personal development of athletes.
One of the theories of Psychology states that psychological skills can be learnt just as physical skills are learnt. Among the main psychological skills with an impact on high sports performance, we can mention focus control, self-confidence, thought control, motivation, overcoming stress and anxiety regulation.
At Casvi Football Academy we believe that technical, tactical and physical skills can be fully developed if the person has sufficiently developed and evolved psychological skills. The better psychological skills a player has, the better the performance of their tactical, technical and physical skills.
Competition is the tool that allows us to measure the true worth of a football player, since during a game we can see how the player has absorbed all the technical, tactical, physical, psychological and nutritional work carried out, as well as their ability to transform such work into performance in the field.
Competition is the only time when all the demands of football come together at the same time and therefore it is the time to assess the potential the player shows to become extraordinary and to be chosen for professional football.
That is why competition plays a particularly important role in our planning and that is why our players will compete each week against many of the football academies within the Community of Madrid.
Besides, we will also take part in different local and international tournaments, so that we can complete such an instrumental aspect to our methodology as competition.
To help our players reach the excellence of their football skills, the Casvi Football Academy model includes, as a fundamental part of player development, specific training sessions under the following methods:
- Technique, tactics and the ongoing interaction among them. They are initially developed by means of more analytical tasks, and then by applying more integrated tasks, where more and more elements of the game are added and a higher quality in their performance is demanded.
- Collective training sessions by playing lines and individual training sessions by specific positions within the field.
- Training sessions under different modalities:
– Technical or technical-tactical training sessions on the field.
– Tactical talks using video recordings of own training sessions or games or those of professional teams, for a better understanding of the game.
– Integration of the two previous elements: first, images relating to the technical or tactical contents of the game will be watched and analysed; then, immediately after that, such contents will be re-enacted on the pitch.
Former professional players of the First Division will take part in specific training sessions for the improvement of the game. These elite players will share their experience, skills and knowledge, in order to offer our students an exclusive experience for their individual and collective growth.
SPORTS SCIENCES AREA
Casvi Football Academy relies on Sports Science to add scientific rigour and legitimacy to its entire sports methodology. Sports Science helps us evaluate, program, organise, coordinate and intervene on all aspects related to sports performance.
To this end, physiotherapists, psychologists, nutritionists and physical trainers, together with game analysts, make up a multidisciplinary team whose sole aim is to help our players reach the excellence in football-related performance.
PHYSIOTHERAPY AND READAPTATION DEPARTMENT
Casvi Football Academy offers all our athletes the medical care they may need by means of our medical insurance.
In addition, our players will be taken good care both during training sessions and games by our team of physiotherapists, trained in muscular-skeletal physiotherapy, with a great capacity for clinical reasoning, which will allow for the resolution of problems by means of a correct physiotherapy diagnosis and an adequate decision making process guided by the player’s own responses.
During any physiotherapy process it is essential to apply rigorous methods of assessment, treatment and re-evaluation, which will allow us to continuously analyse the effectiveness of the interventions, as well as the appropriate adjustments.
We offer a comprehensive Injury Management Service:
- Analysis, control and treatment of injuries.
- Prevention / Readaptation of injuries.
- If required, the whole injury surgical and rehabilitation service in Spain comprised of very-well regarded doctors in the world of football will intervene.
Physiotherapists, together with our team of physical trainers, will create therapeutic plans for football players designed to prevent and treat injuries. They will support the player from the moment the injury is sustained until the player is able to come back to the competition.
Mental training and sports psychology are one of the main cornerstones of the training programme for players at the Academy.
The role of our psychologist is to work for the improvement of all psychological aspects involved in high sports performance. The working model developed is based on the assumption that each person, and therefore each player, reaches their highest sports performance potential when they find their own optimal states of activation corresponding to psychological skills such as: concentration, confidence and motivation, among others.
Besides, since students ages from 12 to 16 are in the midst of a developmental change, our psychologist supports them regarding each and every need they may have during their stay in our Academy, beyond strictly sporting aspects. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive psychological care.
These psychological skills will be developed both individually and collectively.
GETTING TO KNOW THE
SPORT MEANS GETTING TO KNOW THE PLAYER.PLAYER.
Sports nutrition in football includes food and hydration both during the week of training sessions, as well as before and during the game. A proper nutrition improves not only sports performance but also academic performance.
A good education in healthy habits will make our players more complete athletes, thus bridging the gap between formative football and professional football.
At the Academy, we will carry out a nutritional study at the beginning of each season in order to set the tailored guidelines each player may require based on their needs and their sports and academic performance. Said guidelines will be reviewed from time to time based on each player’s evolution.
Likewise, the Academy has an agreement with an independent team of nutritionists, so any player requesting so may get additional support.
GAME ANALYSIS AND SCOUTING DEPARTMENT
New technologies are instrumental to properly and accurately assess everything taking place during any football game, that is why they have become an essential tool to improve the general performance of football teams and the player’s performance in particular.
The analysis of the game by means of video recordings will be our main tool to fulfil a twofold objective:
– To carry out a Scouting task by means of individual or group video sessions with visual contents of the sports performance of the Academy’s own players or those of professional teams. Understanding the weaknesses and strengths regarding the style of each football players is a highly effective way of improving sports performance. Video recordings allow players to analyse every aspect of their sports performance in a quiet and controlled environment for a better understanding of their own qualities while improving self-awareness.
– To periodically review our methodology by means of the analysis of our training sessions and games so as to verify whether the sports goals set by the Academy are being met.